Pink Noise: "Artists aren't healthy"
Damian Elias is another one of the panelists on the (e)merge panel hosted by Conner Contemporary Gallery on July 31 at 4pm. The panel will explore issues facing artists in DC in developing their careers and building community. Dr. Elias says, "Artists aren't as healthy mentally or physically than the general population."
The panelists will include:
- Kristina Bilonick, visual artist + Washington Project for the Arts program director
- Zoë Charlton, visual artist + American University art professor
- Damian Elias, Ph.D., psychologist
- Karyn Miller, Cultural Development Corporation program manager
- Sheldon Scott, performing artist
- Paul So, founder of Hamiltonian gallery + artist fellowship program
- Moderated by Jamie Smith
Karyn Miller spoke to us previously about Flashpoint's role in helping emerging artists HERE.
Here's teaser from Kristina Bilonick, who spoke about the WPA and her own art practice HERE.
(e)merge discussion panel begins at 4pm on Saturay, July 31, 2010; directly followed by (e)merge party – hang out with your community, with DJ, food and drink.
(e)merge is sponsored by Marvin Restaurant and Pink Line Project.
For further information:
www.connercontemporary.com | email@example.com | 202 588 8750
Short URL: http://bit.ly/dpfafx